MIKE SALTER, trading as Folly Publications, has about eighty titles in print, covering medieval castles, old parish churches, and monastic sites mostly in England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man & Channel Islands.
Articles on this site:
Others will follow.
The castles and churches books contain numerous black and white photographs and many plans reproduced to a set of common scales to allow comparisons of buildings of similar types (e.g. all churches, keeps, tower houses, gatehouses, etc. at 1:400, and courtyard castles mostly at 1:800, earthworks and large sites at 1:2000). The more recent digital titles about morris dancing, nunneries, bridges, walled towns and Saxon churches have many colour photographs. In Medieval Castles of Wales, Medieval Castles of France, and Medieval Castles of England all of the pictures are in colour.
Customers outside of the UK please contact Mike before placing an order. The site is currently unable to charge realistic rates for shipping abroad.
Special Offers valid from 9th March to 30th March 2022
1. 5-volume Irish Castle sets for £28 including UK postage.
2. Old Parish Churches of: Lancashire, Surrey, & Staffs, three books for £12 including UK postage
3. Old Parish Churches of Gwent, Glamorgan & Gower and Castles of Gwent, Glamorgan & Gower, ie two books, for £10 including UK postage.
4. Old Parish Churches of Devon for £9 including UK postage.
5. Castles of Grampian & Angus for £8 including UK postage.
Payment on these offers by bank transfer only following exchange of emails.