This book describes all the features of interest dating from the Saxon period to the 1770s to be seen in over 170 parochial churches and chapels in the county of Derbyshire.
Churches first built after 1770 to serve new industrial settlements are listed at the back but not described in detail.
An introduction describing the development of architecture, furniture and memorials in the churches of Derbyshire is followed by a detailed gazetteer illustrated with many plans, new photographs, old postcards, old prints, brass rubbings and drawings.
Published in 1998
Contains 104 pages with 185 illustrations