This is an extended new edition of a book describing the features of interest dating from the Saxon period to the 1760s to be seen in about 220 parochial churches and chapels in Herefordshire.
The few churches first built after 1770 in the county are listed at the back but not described in detail.
An introduction describing the evolution of parish church architecture, furnishings and memorials in Herefordshire is followed by a detailed gazetteer illustrated with many plans, new photographs, old postcards, old prints, brass rubbings and drawings.
Published in 1998
Contains 104 pages with 275 illustrations