This book describes all the features of interest dating from the Saxon period to the 1760s to be seen in over 100 parochial churches and chapels in the pre-1974 county of Northumberland.
An introduction describing the development of parish church architecture, furnishings and funerary monuments in the county is followed by a detailed gazetteer illustrated with many photographs, plans and drawings.
Churches founded after 1770, mostly serving the industrial areas, are listed at the back but are not described in detail or illustrated.
Published in 2003
Contains 80 pages with 150 illustrations