This is an extended new edition of a book describing the features of interest dating from the Saxon period up to the end of the 18th century to be seen in over 230 churches in Shropshire.
Churches first built after 1800 in the county are listed at the back but are not described in detail.
An introduction describing the evolution of parish church architecture, furnishings and memorials in SHropshire is followed by a detailed gazetteer illustrated with many specially-drawn pans, photographs, old postcards, drawings and reproductions of brass rubbings.
Published in 2001
Contains 104 pages with 225 illustrations