This book describes all the features of interest dating from the Saxon period to the 17602 to be seen in 160 parochial churches and chapels in the county of Staffordshire as it was befor ethe boundary changes of 1974 divied off the Black Country.
Churches first built after 1770 to serve new industrial urban areas are listed at the back but not described in detail.
An introduction describing how parish church architecture, furnishings and funerary monuments evolved in Staffordshire is followed by a detailed gazetteer illustrated with many new photographs, old postcards, plans, brass rubbings and drawings.
Published in 1996
Contains 100 pages with 225 illustrations